You've chosen to live the country lifestyle.
- Your typical dinner parties include a potluck barbecue and an evening bonfire.
- Your favorite place to shop has a hardware department, feed store and garden section.
- You bask in the sounds of crickets, cows, slumbering dogs, and summer rain.
It's a wonderful life but...
- Every day is a challenge to your time, energy, and pocketbook whether it's your family, the weather, or one of your animals.
- You recognize a huge disconnect between your day-to-day reality and what the media, marketers, and mainstream world think you want, need, and know.
Welcome to the place that speaks to you.
Let's redefine country women in a new way!
...supportive of friends, family and community. And like to have fun.
...knowledgable, but open to learning and trying new things.
...hardworking, and use our experience to meet challenges.
Hello! I'm Mikey.
I've lived and worked in rural settings all of my life. I love it!
But I haven't always liked the ideas some people had about country women. You know, those images of big hair and short shorts, or dingy aprons and head scratching.
Here at Rural Writer we are ready to throw out those images of Daisy Duke and send Ma Kettle to the nursing home.
Feeling a little overwhelmed?
Sometimes it just takes a simple change or two to improve the "energy" around us.
Get "9 Easy Fixes to Increase Positivity in Your Home" Using Feng Shui the Country Way
Thank you for stopping by